Only 7 km from our hotel is Gniezno, which offers many attractions to tourists. In the first half of the 10th century Gniezno became the main city of the Polan tribe and after the establishment of the Polish state it became its first capital. During the reign of Casimir the Great, the city sprang to life, and in the following years trade flourished, numerous workshops were set up and new buildings erected. When the archbishops of Gniezno received the title of Primate, they began to play a special role among the Polish clergy, and it is also worth mentioning the famous Gniezno Congress, during which Emperor Otto III placed a diadem on the head of the Polish prince.
Most of the monuments are located in the very center of Gniezno.
What is worth visiting in Gniezno?
- Gniezno Cathedral
- Gniezno Doors
- The Museum of the Origins of the Polish State
- Church of the Assumption and St. Anthony
What else is worth visiting after coming to us ?
It is worth mentioning that our hotel is located on the road Poznan-Bydgoszcz which also offers many beautiful and interesting places. One of them is Biskupin, which is only 26 km away from our hotel.
Biskupin is famous for the fact that in its area remains of a fortified settlement related to the Lusatian culture were found, which prevailed there from the middle Bronze Age to the early Iron Age.
10 must-see attractions in and around Biskupin:
1. Archaeological reserve in Biskupin,
2. Silverado City Western Town in Bożejewiczki,
3. the Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum in Venice,
4. family amusement park Zaurolandia in Rogów,
5 The ruins of the Venetian Devil's castle in Venice,
6. St. Nicholas Parish Church in Gąsawa,
7. Museum of the Pałuki Region in Żnin,
8. the Żnińska Ciuchcia,
9. Museum of Sacral Art Sufragania in Żnin
10. Marcinkowo Górne - the place of Leszek the White's death